Saturday, June 18, 2005

Blue Moments

A friend of mine is feeling depressed today. It's not an every day occurrence, today is just one of those days. This got me thinking about feeling blue.

Blue is my favorite color, but it's not my favorite mood. Yet, if we never have blue moments the yellow moments wouldn't be so yellow. We aren't designed to live in the yellow 24/7. For everything there is a season, or so Ecclesiastes and the song say. If we never knew sorrow, could we truly know joy? Without the "other side of the coin" can we genuinely appreciate the whole coin?

Complicated is an adjective many people claim....I don't think they're really all that complicated. They are simply: contrasting. A light side wouldn't exist without a dark side, right? How would we know which is which? We wouldn't.

Emotions are not black & white, if they were we could never laugh through our tears. Laughter through tears is one of my favorite moments.

I'm encouraging my friend to embrace their blue moment. From blue to yellow requires some green, that's where growth occurs.

It's not even my Inner Hours....I guess "profoundness" can sneak up on a person when they least expect it!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Tacoma, Washington, United States

Welcome to:
http://bloohoo5.blogspot.com

More About Me

I'm older than Rolling Stone magazine, younger than color television, bigger than a Xbox, smaller than a Winnebago, taller than a goat, shorter than a horse, wider than a parking meter, "narrower" than The Space Needle, serious as a heart attack, sillier than the tickles, smarter than the average bear, dumber than my Mom, prettier than dirt, "uglier" than a sunset, anal as an accountant, laid-back as a slug, darker than white chocolate, lighter than butterscotch pudding, louder than a whisper, "quieter" than a fog horn
More From Me

  • Home
  • My Babies
  • 100 Things

  • Enter your email address below
    to subscribe to
    Reading, Writing & Ruminations
    !


    powered by Bloglet